A16 Sliding 5th Wheel Hitch with Rails, 16,000 lbs.CU16621
- Cast yoke with poly-torsion inserts to suppress shock loads and reduce noise
- Fully articulating torsion head for controlled coupling and stable towing
- Lockable handle self-resets to the ready-to-couple position after uncoupling
- High-strength, interlocking jaws fully wrap the kingpin to minimize noise
- Extra wide head opening for easier coupling
- Fast, one-pin head removal makes moving easy with smaller, lighter pieces
- Three-position coupling indicator clearly shows coupling status
- R16 5th wheel slider #16560 provides 12" of travel in the truck bed
- Rolls on wheels and solid, non-binding rods to be a true rolling unit
- Compatible with kingpin extension boxes, including common pivoting pin boxes
- Offers three height adjustment positions to adapt to each unique truck bed
- Includes a polyethylene lube plate to eliminate messy grease deposits
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J2638
- Protected by a highly durable carbide powder coat finish
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Patent# 8,827,298
- Includes A16 5th wheel hitch head #16520, R16 slider #16560, base rails #16200 and hardware
- Each truck-trailer configuration is different. Be sure to review each configuration and always ensure adequate trailer-to-cab clearance when maneuvering.
- Capacity limited to lowest-rated towing component
The CURT A16™ is designed to provide a surprisingly quiet ride while maintain superior towing power. It has a gross trailer weight capacity of 16,000 lbs. and can handle a vertical load up to 4,000 lbs. It comes with a three-position coupling indicator visible from your pickup truck cab, an extra wide head for easier coupling and high-strength interlocking die-cast jaws for a secure hold on your 5th wheel trailer.
This 16K 5th wheel hitch excels in quiet 5th wheel towing. It uses a fully articulating torsion head, a cast yoke with poly-torsion inserts and interlocking jaws to create stability for your trailer and tow vehicle. These components also allow the A16™ to suppress shock and vibrations and reduce any additional noise coming from your trailer. Like the other CURT A-Series™ hitches, the A16™ is coated with a durable carbide powder coat finish. It is tested in accordance with SAE J2638 for safety and includes a limited lifetime warranty.
This A16™ 5th wheel hitch head comes attached to the CURT R16™ slider and a set of 5th wheel rails to be mounted in your truck bed using a 5th wheel bracket kit. CURT 5th wheel sliders feature solid construction and offer a sturdy mounting place for your 5th wheel hitch, ensuring that none of its towing strength is lost. CURT 5th wheel sliders are also true rolling units, meaning they actually roll on wheels that bear the weight of the trailer rather than simply sliding on hollow rods as seen in competitive models. With a thick operating handle, the roller smoothly rolls the 5th wheel head forward and back, locking securely into each position as desired. CURT sliders also provide up to 12" of displacement as well, unlike the more common 10", to give you a wide range of motion and plenty of space to get your RV or other 5th wheel trailer around any turn.