The built-in slider on this sturdy 5th-wheel hitch helps eliminate clearance concerns during slow-speed turns. Dual jaws offer a secure connection. Durable polyurethane bushings limit rattle and vibration. Rails sold separately.
- 5th-Wheel hitch mounts in your truck bed so you can tow your 5th-wheel trailer
- The built-in slider provides clearance required for your short-bed pickup to turn safely at slow speeds
- 3/4" Thick dual jaws provide 360-degree jaw-to-king-pin contact
- Less rattle and more security than slide-bar jaws
- Cam-action latching handle helps prevent binding
- Simple to release, even on unlevel terrain
- Lockable to secure the trailer to hitch - padlock sold separately
- Fully articulating head eases hookup and helps to limit chucking
- Pivots front-to-back and side-to-side
- 3 Height settings to fit your application
- Quiet, rattle-free ride with polyurethane bushings
- Gray powder-coated steel is corrosion resistant
- Base rails and installation kit sold separately
- Compatible with industry-standard, above-bed rails - B&W, Curt, Draw-Tite, Hidden Hitch, Pro Series, Reese, and Valley
- Simplify installation with a semi-custom bracket kit (not available for all applications)
- Made in the USA
- Gross towing weight: 18,000 lbs
- Vertical load limit: 4,500 lbs
- Hitch height: 17" - 19"
- Travel: 12" front to back
- Footprint: 31-3/4" wide x 33-1/2" deep
- Limited lifetime warranty
Note: Due to the size of this item, it ships via truck freight.
Quiet, Secure Ride
The 3/4" thick jaw on the Patriot is precision machined to provide a tight, sturdy connection. And unlike slide-bar models, the rounded 2-piece jaw on this fifth-wheel trailer hitch inhibits rattle and movement by securely wrapping around your trailer's kingpin, resulting in easier hookup and a safer, quieter ride.
In addition to the sturdy jaw, the Patriot has durable polyurethane bushings built-in to provide a smoother, more comfortable towing experience. These bushings sit on top of the pivot arms that support the fifth-wheel head. Because the head is resting on padded area, it is able to pivot without clanking. The ability of the head to pivot - both front to back and side to side - along with the trailer also helps to limit the chucking that may occur with a more static hitch.
Non-Binding Latch Handle
The dual jaw on the Patriot is operated by a simple-to-use cam-action handle. This handle allows you to quickly and easily release the jaws on the hitch, even if you are on uneven terrain. If any binding does occur between your truck and trailer, the jaws may remain closed after you move the handle to the open position. But because the handle is unlatched, there is nothing keeping the jaws closed except for the binding pressure. Therefore, simply driving your truck forward will be enough to force the jaws to open.
The cam-action handle is held in the closed position with the included pin and clip. For extra security, you can replace the pin with a sturdy padlock. The shackle on the lock you choose should have a diameter of 5/16", height of 3", and a width of 2-1/4".
Easily Adjustable Design
The B&W Patriot can be adjusted up and down for optimal positioning. As a result, this hitch can easily accommodate the height of your trailer.
Most often used on trucks with 6' beds, a slider helps to eliminate clearance problems during slow-speed turns. When you are towing a fifth-wheel trailer, your hitch must be situated on the cab side of your truck's rear axle. However, at slow speeds you can use a slider to slide the fifth-wheel hitch (and the trailer) toward your truck's tailgate and past the rear axle, creating enough space between the cab of your truck and the trailer to permit less-restricted turning.
The slider that is built into the base of the Patriot allows for 12" of fore and aft travel to give you the clearance you need.