The Patriot series is a lighter weight, less expensive, rail-mounted alternative to the Companion. Although its rail system makes it different from the Companion, the Patriot will still give you the smoothest ride on the road. As its name suggests, this Patriot hitch can pull 16K GTW.
- Part Number BWRVK3200
- Fully articulating head allowing front to back and side to side pivoting.
- Easy to reach, cam action handle means easy release even when parked on unlevelled sites.
- Fits all standard mounting rails.
- 3/4" wrap around jaws for a strong, worry-free connection
- Side to side pivot with spring cushioning.
- Polyurethane bushings prevent metal to metal contact.
- Universal Mounting Rails, Custom Installation Brackets, and Supplemental Kits sold separately.
- 16,000 lb GTW/4,000 lb VTW
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Product Weight: Base 95 lbs; Coupler 52 lbs
- Footprint: 31.5" Wide x 24" Deep
- Four vertical adjustments from 16" to 19"
- 4" of front to back adjustment with two coupler positions
Will the Patriot 16K RV Hitch work with all universal rail systems?
Yes. The Patriot 16K has been designed to work with universal rail systems.
Where do I position the Patriot 16K RV arms? How much adjustment does it allow?
The Patriot 16K gives 3 inches of height adjustment, from 16" to 19" tall, and 4" of front to back adjustment. Please see the diagram in the installation instructions for all available RV arm positions.
Can I use the Patriot 16K with my short bed truck?
The short answer is yes, many folks towing fifth-wheel trailers with shortbed trucks successfully use the Patriot 16K.
There are many factors to consider when addressing the issue of cab clearance. To answer the question for you specific truck and trailer, pay attention to the following:
1. Pin Box Location-Is the Kingpin even with the front of the trailer, or is it recessed behind the front of the trailer? Some 5th wheel manufacturer's have compensated for the prevalence of shortbed trucks by building extended kingpin boxes.
2. Type of trailer and shape. Narrower trailers allow a tighter turning radius. Trailers that are built with rounded corners accommodate more cab clearance than squared corners.
3. Finally, the type of maneuvering that will be required while towing. Do you anticipate lots of sharp turns while towing, or is it only highway driving with little or no backing?
What color is the Patriot, I can't tell from the pictures?
The Patriot is painted with a medium gray powder coat finish.