The Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection Toolbox Model is specially designed for use in truck beds with a large fuel tank or toolbox.
The Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection: Our Best Fifth Wheel Hitch. Ever.
Our popular Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection revolutionized the 5th wheel towing industry, and is now stronger than ever! And now, you can use our Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection in truck beds with a large fuel tank or toolbox. Each Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection comes with a patented ball-funnel to make hook up even easier! The aluminum Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection is the lightest, strongest, most innovative 5th wheel hitch in the world! The base weighs just 35 lbs, eliminating the common struggle of getting your 5th wheel hitch into the bed of your truck. In fact, the base of this unit can be completely installed or removed in less than a minute. Andersen Hitches has truly found the solution to making life simple!
Do you have a flatbed truck? No problem, check out our Lowered Aluminum Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection
Fifth Wheel Hitches for Short Bed Trucks?
That's right! The Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection Toolbox Model even works in short bed trucks. So if you have a short bed truck, the Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection has you covered. For more info about how Andersen Hitches makes fifth wheel hitches for short bed trucks, click here. And remember: every Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection is designed to give you an incredibly smooth and quiet ride unrivaled by any other 5th wheel hitch on the market today.
The custom ball used on the Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection has nearly 3" of adjustable height and rides inside a greaseless coupler — which means no more dirty hands and no more mess! And since the coupler is designed to ride on a ball, you get more swivel in every direction than with any other 5th wheel hitch available, giving you the ability to couple or uncouple your trailer on uneven terrain. Now that’s convenience!
Strong, robust and simple, the Aluminum Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection is the lightest, strongest, most innovative 5th wheel hitch in the world – and all at a price that won’t make you cringe.
Look at these advantages:
- Keep your 5th Wheel warranty intact!
- Rated at 24,000 lbs GTWR and 4,500 lbs tongue weight
- Industry leader in fifth wheel hitches for short bed trucks
- Features new ball-funnel for easy hookup — even works with 3" off-center ball!
- Works with all standard brands of gooseneck hitches
- Base weighs only 35lbs!
- Base can be removed or installed in less than a minute!
- Complete installation in less than 5 minutes!
- Can easily be installed or removed by just one person!
- Features a patented remote latch/unlatch cable
- The smoothest ride around — owners are saying they can't believe there's virtually no bucking and no chatter compared to other products on the market
- Three height adjustments: 16-3/4" lower position, 17-7/8" middle position and 19-1/8" upper position (from bed of truck to top of ball mount)
IMPORTANT: If you are using an Andersen Ultimate Connection with a Rota-Flex Pinbox, we REQUIRE you to use a Rota-Flex Lockout Kit to prevent damage to the hitch and/or tow vehicle. It also keeps the rubber pad in your Rota-Flex pin box from shifting over time.
If your Andersen Ultimate Connection (3220, or 3220-TBX) will be installed on a 2015-2019 model of GMC or Chevy Trucks with no OEM, we suggest pairing it with the Full Bed Support System. This helps prevent warping that may result from torque forces and fastens to the frame beneath the rearward bed saver rail.
If you need to change the height of your gooseneck ball, you may need a coupler tube to extend the connection of the Ultimate Connection so it can attach to the gooseneck ball. Refer to the Coupler Tube Chart to find the right size Coupler Tube.
Will this work in a 2020 GMC 3500HD short box with a tool box
Yes this will work for your truck.