Specially designed to attach to the receivers in your factory 5th-wheel towing prep package, the slider base on this hitch helps eliminate clearance concerns during slow-speed turns. Dual-jaw hitch removes without a trace for full bed access.
- 5th-Wheel hitch mounts in your truck bed so you can tow your 5th-wheel trailer
- Works with factory-installed 5th-wheel towing prep package from Ford
- Built-in slider provides clearance required for your short-bed pickup to turn safely at slow speeds
- Rail-free design allows for full access to truck bed when hitch is removed
- 1" Thick dual jaws provide 360-degree jaw-to-king-pin contact
- Less rattle and more security than slide-bar jaws
- Cam-action latching handle helps prevent binding
- Simple to release, even on unlevel terrain
- Lockable to secure trailer to hitch - padlock sold separately
- Fully articulating head eases hookup and helps to limit chucking
- Pivots front-to-back and side-to-side
- 3 Height settings to fit your application
- Quiet, rattle-free ride with polyurethane bushings
- Quick, simple installation
- Drops into the 4 receiver pucks that are built into your factory underbed rails
- Gray powder coated steel is corrosion resistant
- Made in the USA
- Application: 2011 and newer Ford Super Duty trucks with factory-installed towing prep package
- Gross towing weight: 20,000 lbs
- Vertical load limit: 5,000 lbs
- Hitch height: 17" - 19"
- Travel: 12" front to back
- Slider footprint: 36" long x 32-5/16" wide
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Due to the size of this item, it ships via freight.
- This fifth-wheel trailer hitch is not compatible with Sidewinder or Revolution king pins. Do not use any device that changes the pivot point of your trailer's king pin with this hitch.
Quiet, Secure Ride
The 1" thick jaw on the Companion is precision machined to provide a tight, sturdy connection. And unlike slide-bar models, the rounded 2-piece jaw on this fifth-wheel trailer hitch inhibits rattle and movement by securely wrapping around your trailer's king pin, resulting in easier hookup and a safer, quieter ride.
In addition to the sturdy jaw, the Companion has durable polyurethane bushings built in to provide a smoother, more comfortable towing experience. These bushings sit on top of the pivot arms that support the fifth-wheel head. Because the head is resting on a padded area, it is able to pivot without clanking. The ability of the head to pivot - both front to back and side to side - along with the trailer also helps to limit the chucking that may occur with a more static hitch.
Non-Binding Latch Handle
The dual jaw on the Companion is operated by a simple-to-use cam-action handle. This handle allows you to quickly and easily release the jaws on the hitch, even if you are on uneven terrain. If any binding does occur between your truck and trailer, the jaws may remain closed after you move the handle to the open position. But because the handle is unlatched, there is nothing keeping the jaws closed except for the binding pressure. Therefore, simply driving your truck forward will be enough to force the jaws to open.
The cam-action handle is held in the closed position with the included pin and clip. For extra security, you can replace the pin with a sturdy padlock. The shackle on the lock you choose should have a diameter of 5/16", height of 3", and a width of 2-1/4".
Most often used on trucks with 6' beds, a slider helps to eliminate clearance problems during slow-speed turns. When you are towing a fifth-wheel trailer, your hitch must be situated on the cab side of your truck's rear axle. However, at slow speeds you can use a slider to slide the fifth-wheel hitch (and the trailer) toward your truck's tailgate and past the rear axle, creating enough space between the cab of your truck and the trailer to permit less-restricted turning.
The slider that is built into the base of the Companion allows for 12" of fore and aft travel to give you the clearance you need.
Installation of the B&W Companion OEM Slider
To install the Companion OEM, first set up the Companion's pivot arms. The arms are what allow the hitch to be adjusted front to back as well as up and down for optimal positioning. As a result, this hitch can accommodate the height of your trailer and also help to give you some additional cab clearance.
To adjust either the height of the hitch or the fore/aft positioning, just attach the hitch's pivot arms in the desired location on the base.
Then, when the hitch head is fully assembled, simply place the hitch in the bed of your truck, lining the base up with the receiver sockets in the bed. Rotate all 4 handles on the hitch base out so that the built-in puck receivers are in the correct position to install in the sockets. Once the base is lined up, fold the handles in until they are in the locked position and secure them with the included pins.
The hitch head installs on top of the pivot arms. When you have the head in position, simply secure it to the arms with the included pins.
RVK3370 B and W Companion Slider OEM Fifth Wheel Hitch for Ford Towing Prep Package
RVB3370 B and W Companion Slider Fifth Wheel Trailer Hitch Base - Ford Super Duty
RVC3006 B and W Companion Fifth Wheel Hitch Head
This Product Fits The Following Vehicles
- 2011 - 2014 Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty 6-3/4 Foot Bed with OEM Prep Pkg
- 2015 - 2020 Ford F-250 Super Duty 6-3/4 Foot Bed with OEM Prep Pkg
- 2015 - 2020 Ford F-350 Super Duty 6-3/4 Foot Bed with OEM Prep Pkg